I am an experienced architect with a career focused on the design and construction of urban social housing.
- Bushwick TownhouseRenovation of a late-1800's three-family townhouse in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
- St. MarksRenovation of and addition to a historic mansion in Crown Heights, Brooklyn to create 70 units of social housing.
- Essex14-story 13,000 square meter mixed-use building on Manhattan's Lower East Side, with medical offices, community facility, retail, and 100 units of affordable senior housing. The project received an Excellence in Mixed-Use Development award from the Urban Land Institute.
- Bergen5,300 square meter 90-unit social housing building in Brooklyn.
- The DomenechConstruction administration for a seven-story, 72-unit senior housing building in Brooklyn. The project received a Building Brooklyn Award for Affordable Housing.
- Unofficial Guide to New York Penn StationOnline guide for passengers and visitors with diagrams and directories.
- NYC Neighborhood Research & Development MapWeb application to aggregate and map property-related data from city and state agencies.
- WebGIS.netDevelopment of a web-based geographic information system.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg Virginia1995 - 2000
- Project ArchitectDattner Architects, New York City2013 - 2018Lead project teams on the design, documentation, and construction administration of new multifamily affordable, supportive, and market-rate housing in New York City. Met regularly with clients, consultants, and contractors; reviewed compliance with zoning, building code, and sustainability requirements; coordinated filings with city and state agencies; and reviewed submittals and shop drawings.
- Architectural Designer and Project ManagerJonathan Kirschenfeld Architect, New York City2009 - 2013Managed construction administration for new supportive housing in New York City, and assisted with preliminary design proposals for new multifamily housing. Met regularly on site with clients and contractors, reviewed submittals, shop drawings, and requisitions for payment, conducted building walk-thoroughs, and updated filings with the NYC Department of Buildings and other agencies.
- Architectural Designer and Project ManagerJames McCullar & Associates Architects, New York City2006 - 2009Design, documentation, and construction administration for new multifamily affordable housing in New York City.
- Architectural Designer and Project ManagerDavid Varnish Architects, New York City2004 - 2006Single-family residential, apartment interiors and commercial space in New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
- Developer and Assistant Project ManagerAnderson & Associates Consulting Engineers, Blacksburg Virginia1996 - 2004Developed web-based geographic information systems, internet applications, and database-driven websites for municipal and corporate clients.
- Director of Communications and Project CoordinatorArchitecture for Humanity, New York City Chapter2004 - 2010Managed website development and communication with members and supporters. Lead a project team providing pro-bono design assistance to a community development group in the South Bronx.
- Skilled Construction LeaderHabitat for Humanity, New York City Chapter2006 - 2008Instructed unskilled volunteers and assisted with residential construction projects in New York City.
- Registered Architect, New York State