|1995 - 2000
||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg Virginia
||Registered Architect, New York State
|2013 - 2018
||Dattner Architects, New York City
- Project Architect - Lead project teams on the design, documentation, and construction administration of new
multifamily affordable, supportive, and market-rate housing in New York City. Met regularly with clients,
consultants, and contractors; reviewed compliance with zoning, building code, and sustainability requirements;
coordinated filings with city and state agencies; and reviewed submittals and shop drawings.
|2009 - 2013
||Jonathan Kirschenfeld Architect, New York City
- Architectural Designer and Project Manager - Managed construction administration for new
supportive housing in New York City, and assisted
with preliminary design proposals for new multifamily housing. Met regularly on site with clients
and contractors, reviewed submittals, shop drawings, and requisitions for payment, conducted building
walk-thoroughs, and updated filings with the NYC Department of Buildings and other agencies.
|2006 - 2009
||James McCullar & Associates Architects, New York City
- Architectural Designer and Project Manager - Design, documentation, and construction
administration for new multifamily
affordable housing in New York City.
|2004 - 2006
||David Varnish Architects, New York City
- Architectural Designer - Single-family residential,
apartment interiors and commercial space in New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
|1996 - 2004
||Anderson & Associates Consulting Engineers, Blacksburg Virginia
- Developer and Assistant Project Manager - Worked part-time during university and
full-time after graduation developing web-based
geographic information systems, internet applications, and database-driven websites for
municipal and corporate clients.
|2004 - 2010
||Architecture for Humanity, New York City Chapter
- Director of Communications - Managed website development and communication with members
- Project Coordinator - Helped to lead a project team providing pro-bono design assistance
to a community development group in the Hunts Point neighborhood of the South Bronx.
|2005 - 2008
||Habitat for Humanity, New York City Chapter
- Skilled Construction Leader - Instructed unskilled volunteers and assisted with
the gut-renovation of a five-story walkup in the South Bronx and ground-up multifamily construction in
Bedford-Stuyvesant and Brownsville, Brooklyn.